Tuesday, January 08, 2013

One year later

One year ago exactly I was in a bad car accident with Master Anakin and our kids. It was a very scary and upsetting experience. There was a lot of physical and mental issues that came from that accident. It took me months to be able to drive around in a car at night. I was constantly worried that someone would hit us from behind. That car accident taught me a lot though. It was a learning experience.

I feel so glad to be alive. That we are all ok after that accident. I went into a pretty serious depression last year. I've had a long road of recovery back to normal again. I've changed a lot since last year. I have tried to get healthy again. I've made some changes in my life. Removed a lot of negativity from it. Tried to balance and center myself again.

I've lost 9 pounds the last two weeks. I have done a detox diet and cleansing kit. I am trying to take better care of myself. It's not just about the car accident. I turned 40 in October and something really changed within myself. I've started to think a lot more about my mortality. I have arthritis and really need to try to do something about it before I am not able to move around much.

Master Anakin asked me last night about my goals for 2013. I'd like to list a few that I've thought of:

1. To eat healthier. So far we have been doing really good with this. I've tried to cut out sugar a lot and even caffeine. I was drinking WAY too much coffee and it wasn't good for me. It would often cause me chest pains. I'm trying to drink more water this year.

I've had some tests done for my heart. I have inherited some heart problems and really need to get healthy or I won't be around much longer. I also don't plan to drink any hard alcohol (vodka, whiskey, scotch, etc..) this year. I'm cutting that out of my life. It would be too hard to cut wine out but I'm limiting myself.

2. To exercise daily. I was able to exercise even though I had the flu. I've made it a goal to try to walk daily without any excuses. My arthritis starts to seize up if I don't stay active.

3. To get my back/arthritis feeling better. I've seen the Chiropractor twice and will be seeing him again. I'm also doing stretching exercises every day to help me. Anakin has been a really big help with this.

4. To see the dentist/doctor for a check-up. I didn't see the dentist at all in 2012. :(  We plan to make our appointments very soon. I am also planning to get a mammogram. I need a pap smear too. Not fun but needs to be done.

5. I am currently at 169 pounds. I'd like to get to 160. I haven't been that slim since 1997 when I got together with Anakin. That would be amazing if I could get my weight down to that point.

6. Eliminate stress and negativity more out of my life. I've been working on myself and don't have time for negative people in my life. A lot of stress (Teen world, family issues etc..) really stressed me out last year. I'm going to try to mentally feel better too.

7. To try yoga. I was watching a show today about doing yoga with having arthritis. I'd really like to try this.

8. To hike the grouse grind. We've been talking about this for years!! Let's finally do it!

9. To get my (and Anakin's) will done. We keep delaying this but we really need to discuss our last wishes.

10. Appreciate life and live for the moment. This will probably be one of the most challenging goals for me because of my depression. I really want to get/feel better again.

I'm glad that this new chapter in my life is happening with Master Anakin. I couldn't do it without Him. He's my personal trainer! Thank You, Master.

May the force be with you all!!

~padme amidala

3 comments:

Dan said...

If I may be so bold as to suggest that the two of you move the will to the top of the list, it is highly important in a time of trouble. When mom passed from this world she left behind more than emotional disarray, but a legal and financial one as well.

Dad has remarried, and they each have a "Love File" with will and detailed instructions in the event of disaster that are updated every 3 months.

Anakin said...

I LOVE this post! I'm so proud of you and your positive changes recently. I,love your goals and as your personal trainer I'll make sure you achieve them. It's been hard to move past the accident but I have to say we are managing to and are stronger for it.

Anakin

blueeyedtawni said...

Wow I am proud of you as well. Lots of changes for sure but in a great positive way . Sending lots of hugs :)